Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trolling through the latest edition of Bylines magazine vol 13 issue 9 august 2008 I found an almost exact match for the little redbrick waiting room put out by Hornby as one of the early Skaledale buildings .I cannot find a reference number to it at present .Its the little red brick affair with a single chimney and and a canopy .Its is an almost exact match for Suckley Station's waiting room . it was a later addition and nothing like the more light railway appearence of the main station building .Suckley ended up with the GWR as part of the Worcester Bromyard branch .Probably everyone knows this except me but I thought I would chime in anyway just in case .Doesnt look like the model is available any more .

·
Administrator
9,891 Posts
QUOTE Doesnt look like the model is available any more .

I think that's part of the Skaledale marketing strategy - establish a reputation for limited runs which makes any model an automatic limited edition then sit back and watch a sizeable number of collectors buy them....

David

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 7 Aug 2008, 19:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think that's part of the Skaledale marketing strategy - establish a reputation for limited runs which makes any model an automatic limited edition then sit back and watch a sizeable number of collectors buy them....

David
I better buy an oast house while I can .Incidently they had oast houses in Suckley according to its website .I thought hops were grown in Kent mainly.I am making a small Southern type layout starting with a Kent and East Sussex type station that will initially serve as my very small terminal.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 7 Aug 2008, 19:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and watch a sizeable number of collectors buy them....

David
& of course those who may just want some items for a future product.

Must buy a Margate Clock Tower (sorry - "Jubilee Clock Tower") in case I ever want to make a model of Margate Sea Front complete with hordes of SLG's !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
To my mind it reminds me of the old Airfix/Dapol kit.

QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 8 Aug 2008, 08:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Must buy a Margate Clock Tower (sorry - "Jubilee Clock Tower") in case I ever want to make a model of Margate Sea Front complete with hordes of SLG's !

I've got one of those, the clock tower I mean, - Hornby could make a packet selling it as a souvenir of Margate. Now who is going to be the first to ask what SLG stands for?

That having been said I must get the windmill which is based on Drapers Mill here in not so sunny Margate!

Regards

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Not I Dave, but I am pleased that you did.

Either I am particulary slow this wet Saturday morning (no, not hung over, though given the weather maybe that would not be so bad) or Brian has thrown some random collection of letters together to stimulate everybodies interlect.

Me I am going for the "I'm slow" choice today.

John

IITYWIMWYGMANL (work that one out!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.