Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Deo confido, ne unum crede
288 Posts
Late to the party here. Only logged on and saw the OP's post.

If you haven't purchased yet, this is what you want. Reel Lube Plus. Specifically marketed to lubricate fishing reels. Reasonable price (AUD$9.99), proportionate volume (20g) in a sensible package for model railway use, & importantly easily obtainable. Anaconda and all over eBay AU. BCF used to stock it but don't any more, having replaced it with an oil version. Fishing reels today e.g. Shimano, are made of plastic with nylon gears with a few moving metal parts, i.e. bearings, and subjected to harsher use and environments than our models. This is safe for plastic & nylon, perfect for lubricating nylon & metal gears, perfect for our use. I've been using it for a decade for model rail, slot car and fishing reels even though I have access to Finish Line Teflon line in both tube and bulk form off the shelf here as I'm an avid cyclist and use it in regular maintenance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.