Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
C55
2,646 Posts
You might try Googling for HUDY Graphite Grease. I have used it and it is very good and I have used it on gears. I have read one comment that the graphite, being solid, may work into the plastic on gears and act as a grinding agent. No evidence was offered and the point of graphite is that it beds on the gears and slips graphite on graphite. My personal jury is out on that one, until something scientific appears.

This also might fit the bill https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/greases/1847967/

This is available off Amazon and I guess other places. Silverhook SGPGT90, Silicone Grease Tube.

LA BELLE Labelle 106 grease with PTFE, also on Amazon and comes in a small tube. at around £10 UK. I expect it's available elsewhere, too.

Julian

·
C55
2,646 Posts
QUOTE (hoonsou @ 3 May 2021, 22:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Julian. All the searches I did none came up with the superlube in Australia, but when I followed your link, there it was. I'll include a screen shot just to show the difference in postage.
View attachment 7253
Unbelievable postage, $A 2.20 more expensive, then $A 80.33 for postage!! I'm glad you've found what you wanted, I did notice, on some other sites, they were charging massive prices for various brands of PTFE, strange.

Julian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.