Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Have just acquired a new P2 runs fine except across turnouts, it seems to be due to lack of pickup points, has anyone tried wiring the front bogie to increase pickup area? I would be interested to hear how and the success of the exercise

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for quick response, I am using the latest Hornby points, I realise wheel flanges may be a problem but my old Triang Flying Scotsman and an even older Hornby (meccano) Golden Fleece rides them quiet well

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
With the older 2P's hornby collected current from the main drivers and the two front bogies. For the last two years 2p's have only had current collection from the two main drivers each side a regressive step. You might want to consider a comet chassis and loco drive, and current collection from tender wheels. The current Ringfield isn't really up to modern running anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks "makemineadouble" (me too) thanks for the advise, this is an older model, I have been re looking at the problem and decided to reduce the flanges on the drivers and "Hey Presto" it has cured the problem although it is still not an easy rider, I found one set of drivers was 10thou larger than the rear wheels at the flanges, enough to rock the chassis when passing over the frogs.
I like your moniker, we have a saying here in Canada when we order from our favorite coffee shop 'Double Double' meaning double cream double sugar. It became so popular it has been put in the Canadian Dictionary. Anyway thanks for your input

·
Registered
531 Posts
QUOTE The model makemineadouble is referring to is the former Mainline/Dapol one that Hornby acquired the tooling of in the mid 1990s.

I bought one (new) in SDJR Prussian Blue 3 years (?) back and it attracts quite a bit of attention. I will probably run it over the weekend on the West Pennard layout at the SDRT's Edington exhibition. See any of you there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.