Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd post to say that those who ordered the Rail Express 31 sometime ago, you should be receiving it very shortly as £89.95 was taken from my account yesterday.

Can't wait to look and run mine ... in April when i next head home for a few weeks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I can't wait to read the review in Rail Express!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine still hasn't arrived either yet

Come on Rail Express you have my money, in return i'd like my model of 31130 please.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (Jennings @ 25 Jan 2006, 12:49)Mine still hasn't arrived either yet

Come on Rail Express you have my money, in return i'd like my model of 31130 please.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto. In fact they're still advertising the thing on www.railexpress.co.uk! Come on, update it- has it sold out or not?

I'd like a letter, at least, to say
"Dear Customer,

Your limited edition class 31 is on its way..."

Now, how about class 60001 as originally built- since Hornby haven't done a Trainload proper Cl. 60, and RE like Trainload models of the latest Hornby releases!

·
Registered
74 Posts
They have had my money since 17/1 and still no sign of the loco.

This is the one thing that annoys me about Rail Express.
They take your money and send at their leisure, they should only charge when its being posted.

May make a phone call this week and see what they are playing at.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice to see its not just the magazine they can't be arsed getting out at the right time. You'll know when its arrival is imminent, just set up a search on ebay for it, when it appears for sale on there then you know it can't be far behind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still waiting for mine......as with others they hit my credit card on the 17th.

Also waiting for the S&T Brake Van from Model Rail.....they raided my credit card on January 18......

....think there should be some clear understanding/agreement that goods should be despatched within a certain number of days after charging the card....

Keith

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
My understanding on taking money from credit cards it that you are not supposed to do it until the goods have been dispatched. The credit card companies take a dim view of any other kind of behaviour unless it is some sort of deposit agreed by the customer.
9 days does seem a rather long time for any courier service - even Parcel Force to deliver, so I would think that an enquiry, which if it doesn't elicit a reasonable response, followed by a threat to talk to your local trading standards officer / credit card company may get you some action. You might also like to mention that you have shared your unhappy experience with others who may subsequently decide to avoid them in future.

David

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well according to the magazine the models should arrive with us BEFORE the end of January ... so thats 6 days remaining then ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I called the Rail Express office today to complain and this is how the conversation sort of went;

Me
You have charged my credit card 10 days ago and I have not had my model

Rail Express
The models are being sent out tomorrow and Monday.

Me
So why did you charge my account 2 weeks before sending it out.

Rail express
Thats how we do it.

Great customer service eh?

Maybe if any subscribers are out there you should withhold payment for a few weeks and say, "thats how I do it". I bet Rail Express would not stand for it.

Grrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have seen kernow models' class 66 in shanks livery with a buy it now of £299!
Theres one on now for £200. I must've seen at least 5 for sale so far with stupidly high start/buy it now prices. Also seen the bachmann collectors edition of 57601 as well but as yet no 31130.

In my opinion there are far too many limited editions done these days at christmas time, lets face it there is usually one per magazine plus model shop runs, plus collectors club "exclusives".
I must admit i did fancy a couple of them myself but was put off by the top dollar prices that are always asked for them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its a bit of a shame when ltd editions sell out becuase some people order more than 2 of the model (Why in the shanks case you weould need more than 2 considering there is only 1 that carries the livery).

I would suspect a lot of people who ordered 31130 have ordered another to re-number it so they can run them as a pair on a rake of MGR's.

·
Registered
763 Posts
According to rail express modeller they haven't even sold out of 31130 yet which is unusual to say the least. These things normally go before they even get advertised in the magazine.
Kernow still list the class 08 and 37 on their website so presumably these haven't sold so well, i have seen the 37 for sale at £60 on ebay and not from Kernow which struck me as a bit weird.
The kernow limited editions are in runs of 502 for some odd reason but if you don't want to shell out the best part of £300 on shanks' pony then rails still have their 2 ltd editions for sale at £80 each.
In the case of 31130 the same livery and name was worn by 31276 so that is a possible variation i suppose. I would consider buying it myself having seen the real thing on the Battlefield line a couple of years ago but i've got a lima version of it and there are other locos on my list of targets for this year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (spongebob @ 27 Jan 2006, 22:59)According to rail express modeller they haven't even sold out of 31130 yet which is unusual to say the least. These things normally go before they even get advertised in the magazine.
Kernow still list the class 08 and 37 on their website so presumably these haven't sold so well, i have seen the 37 for sale at £60 on ebay and not from Kernow which struck me as a bit weird.
The kernow limited editions are in runs of 502 for some odd reason but if you don't want to shell out the best part of £300 on shanks' pony then rails still have their 2 ltd editions for sale at £80 each.
In the case of 31130 the same livery and name was worn by 31276 so that is a possible variation i suppose. I would consider buying it myself having seen the real thing on the Battlefield line a couple of years ago but i've got a lima version of it and there are other locos on my list of targets for this year.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RE probably isn't very popular- think about it- we pour scorn on 'em practically every day!

Still, it do look a luvvly model, and I hope that it arrives soon (Ee bah guhm, I might even order another one- BIN on eBay £110- New, sealed in box. V. rare model...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pleased to advise that my RailExpress Cl.31 arrived at 8.40am this by a man in his big red van - the model had been posted "2nd Class - Signed For"

Not had a chance to give it a whirl but got it out of the box for a quick look....must say it looks kewl!!

Keith

·
Registered
763 Posts
So if its posted second class and goes missing in the post or is damaged then you get back a massive £30 max. Not a bad return for a £90 loco. Should be special delivery at that price the tight gits.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well at least that means the rest of us who have ordered it will get them today ... Well hopefully will!

PS: Rail Express will only have a few hours spare before the deadline of 'Customers will receive them by the end of January' as well ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got mine Yestrday too. Not had it out of the box yet.

Did not know about the Postage.

If it had got lost before getting to me I would be on to my Credit Card company straight away to complain.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts