Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year's RE Limited Edition is, as I suspected, a class 60...

60081 in GW Green, no less!

RM

·
Registered
267 Posts
Going to cost £95 mind you but it'll be worth every penny.

And for those who have not read Rail Express yet its a limited of 1,200 and comes with the usual etched plates and certificate etc. Those who ordered 31130 should get a priority order form now (Got mine today at home).

·
Registered
461 Posts
Please Note that the model is not the New Hornby Class 60 bhut the Lima one so £95 is alot of money for somthing thats no where near up to the present standard of detail and running quality.

Peter Harvey

·
Registered
267 Posts
The Lima one is just so they can illustrate what the model will look like. It will be a Hornby one for when they decide to make it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can't wait
and will hopefully make up on what has been another very disappointing year on the livery front from Hornby, with 1 tg Mainline 60

·
Registered
267 Posts
There is still a possibility of a Hornby Collectors Club ltd edition yet which may well be another class 60 unless they are not going to bother this year.

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (Jennings @ 16 May 2006, 08:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is still a possibility of a Hornby Collectors Club ltd edition yet which may well be another class 60 unless they are not going to bother this year.
Sooner go for the collectors club one any day despite the livery of IKB. Care to hazard a guess as to which one will be chosen for the collectors club one if any?

·
Registered
267 Posts
For limited edition wise i'd suspect either of the Corus liveried ones would be the best choices as they are one-offs. Failing that a nice weathered two tone grey one would be very welcome (Don't care on what logo it carries).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Jennings @ 20 May 2006, 21:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For limited edition wise i'd suspect either of the Corus liveried ones would be the best choices as they are one-offs. Failing that a nice weathered two tone grey one would be very welcome (Don't care on what logo it carries).

Which would we prefer- British Steel Blue, or Corus silver?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The Corus silver looks nice on a 60 compared to the British steel blue, but i would be happy with either if they were ever done.

·
Registered
139 Posts
QUOTE (cig1705 @ 21 May 2006, 21:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Which would we prefer- British Steel Blue, or Corus silver?

I would prefer the British Steel Blue, but on saying that a Corus silver would be nice

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hornby will no doubt release plenty of sectorisation triple grey versions and others (Transrail, Corus etc) over the next few years.

The class 60 model will be in their range for quite a few years yet, so they won't realease everything in one go, will they?

What's the betting for 2007's models?
I would go for:
EWS on a different number
A triple grey sector model
A Transrail or Corus or possibly both?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hornby's schedule of varied liveries for the latest releases has been very disappointing over the past couple years
the 50's either been a dirty NSE, Large Logo, un-refurbed BR Blue, what about a refurbed BR Blue, a Dutch and a Riviera or a heritage 50 in its present day guise, the 31's the worlds they're oyster with this one Sectorised, EWS , Intercity ect, they did carry more liveries other than BR blue Hornby
, the 60 we could have had a Sectorised, Transrail, Steel what do we get this year 1 Mainline TG
, have you seen Heljan releases schedule for the 33 late 2006/early 2007 DRS, West Coast, Sectorised, Fragonset etc, Hornby could do well to take a leaf out of Heljans book in this department

1 - 13 of 13 Posts