Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Paradise is great until it comes to getting your hands on stuff from back home!!

When my latest copy of Hornby magazine arrived, out dropped a flier telling me that if I joined the Railway Book Club I could get 4 titles from just 99p. This is great I thought... even the biggest bookshops in Bangkok don't stock anything on Railways or modelling... until of course you read the small print... For UK only.

Does anyone know of a Railway Book Club that is worldwide... or do I have to go via a friend in UK? I would have thought the only problem with a world wide service would be the extra postage... but the customer would have to pay that anyway, just like I do with my magazine subscriptions.

Brian... (and actually its raining in the tropics today!)

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
And in my opinion I would not tangle with them - they seem to have moved their call centre out of the UK and I've had a lot of problems with them in the past three years.

Would Amazon be a better bet? Aimed at internet trading they seem to cover most interests.
The other potential source may be www.midlandcountiessuperstore.com who are part of Ian Allan.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 1 Aug 2007, 09:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And in my opinion I would not tangle with them - they seem to have moved their call centre out of the UK and I've had a lot of problems with them in the past three years.

Would Amazon be a better bet? Aimed at internet trading they seem to cover most interests.
The other potential source may be www.midlandcountiessuperstore.com who are part of Ian Allan.

Regards,
John Webb

I was a 'member' once and I found that the available titles were fairly limited in scope and new titles didn't happen very often. I wouldn't use them again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys...

I actually arranged with a friend in UK to get the books... then I followed the instructions to register online and couldn't process it... their web site is full of bugs!

Anyway... as I'm already registered with Ian Allan... I'll stick with them even if it means I don't get the original low price offer... it does mean I get what I want rather than a small selection of books that I might not need.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts