Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time that we had a topic devoted to your favourite tips.

So if any of you have any fantastic modelling related tips, big or small, that you would like to share, then please add it to this thread.

In time it should become a goldmine of information!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My favourite adhesive is Hafixs. It really does stick anything absolutely solid including all those detailing parts that you get with locomotives these days. The standard range of superglues that I have tried are absolutely useless when it comes to sticking together the plastic used in injection moulding.

You have to store Hafixs in the fridge to prolong its shelf life and a small bottle costing £10 should last about 5 years.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
DT
4,794 Posts
I had a problem putting superglue in the fridge. Perhaps it was because I felt that they needed to go in there on the hottest day of the year and they were virtually bursting in the garage. When I finally got back to them, the hot-cold process had turned them to a thick syrup. 5 tubes lost.

I generally use Zap CA and Zap-A-Gap and find it works well. I use Revell contact adhesive on plastic, but it does 'melt' the plastic together, no room for error.

Then I use Zap Epoxy for quick modeling jobs. They have a 5 minute epoxy and a 30 minute epoxy for tough jobs. Excellent stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts