Model Railway Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
629 Posts
I know that on the Cross-City line in Birmingham (around Five Ways and Edgbaston) there is a cutting that is lined with brick arches like that. Where the cutting comes down to track level, the arches descend in steps whilst the parapet wall falls on a smooth gradient. I tried to find a couple of photos using google maps and the streetview feature, but frustratingly the roads don't go where I need them to!

· Registered
629 Posts
QUOTE (Long funnel & tiresome @ 10 Jun 2012, 19:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is this what you were looking for?

I captured it with "Print Screen" off Bing Maps birds eye view (without labels)

See my post #9 about it yesterday here

Happy to be of help...

LF&T

That's the one!

I must say I'm enjoying reading this thread... it is even giving me dangerous ideas about maybe extending my hypothetical layout beyond the station throat and around the room... maybe I should get just the first bit done first though!

· Registered
629 Posts
That looks quite a convincing underlay system (better than some offerings I have seen that look like grey foam!). Are the sleepers going to sink down into it once the track is pinned in place, or is there going to be a thin layer of ballast/sand/ash/insert-particle-material-of-choice-here spread over the top of it?

· Registered
629 Posts
By heck, that's looking good already! That watertower's a really nice model too. I was going to ask 'which part of the layout are you starting with' but looking back along the thread (top tip here folks- read before posting
) I noticed you mentioned some months ago you'd be starting with the lower station.

I had never realised how a few buildings, some stock and some small accessories (people, lamp standards etc) can bring a layout to life even before the heavier building work other than the baseboards are begun.

· Registered
629 Posts
QUOTE (Rhiwderin_Ray @ 18 Aug 2012, 13:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi both.

The turntable is a Peco one with plastikard added to the well, modified railings and winding gear added.

Full details here.
http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...showtopic=20857

Hmmmm..... Marylebone had a TT too.... and I have a decent photo of it somewhere.....

You've made me put my thinking hat on now....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.