Model Railway Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray's new layout - based on North Wales' Coast line

57K views 250 replies 45 participants last post by  Doug 
Hi RAY I like your plan how long are your longest trains going to be 4/5/6 coaches and are you going to put your gantry signal box on your layout?As you know i'm starting my layout soon so i be followings your progress with interest and no doubt plenty of questions.Hope your holiday goes well not all work, history is a great subject and one that interest me all though i don't think i'll be doing a degree. Swmbo has one and says keeping your essay under 2000 words will be the hard part but anyway good luck with that and enjoy your time out! Cheers Jim

Hi Ray Glad you decided to stay with us. The Plan looks busy plenty to hold your interest is it one of CJ Freezers from trackplans for various locations? I've been trying to get a copy had one on order for 3 weeks i've been told it should come this week. mmm ! Like you i'm hoping that it will give me some inspiration. So if this is based around Hereford what will you be running period and stock wise ?Good luck with sorting your garage been there now got some baseboards to build. Cheers Jim

Hi Ray come on stop putting it off and get and sort that garage
.The linning paper is a good idea i bought a roll of poster paper it was on offer not sure how that will work out.I also got my CJ Freezer track plans for various places at last, it looks interesting when was your plan book published?This one was published in 2010 i wonder if you have some of the same plans. Always interested in different plans as you have done they can be adapted to your own needs is the book still available? What track will you be using will you recycle some from the old layout or start new? The plan you have chosen certainly looks like you won't get bored with which is some thing i'm trying to find. For me i want to keep all the track on one level as it's my first real atempt and due to the the fact 3 of the 6 baseboards will be removable. Anyway will be in my garage tomorrow building the first 2 of the 6 boards having bought the timber today.I'll be following your progress with interest not sure that i'll be keeping up the pace with you though but thanks for sharing your project with us when i've made some progress i'll post some pictures myself. Cheers Jim

Hi Ray Thanks for your reply i did have some ideas just wondered how you did yours. Regarding your embankment/viaduct can you not build the embankment around the arches sorry if i,ve miss understood what your trying to do .Have you been in your garage today ?I have built the first 2 of the 6 so had a productive day and pleased with the results hopefully will complete the baseboards by the end of the month. Cheers Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.