Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is available? is there a refernce book to all the locomotives produced by Tri-ang / Hornby to date, i would like to get some more info about the older locos in my collection, if any one can point me in the right direction for this, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The series by Pat Hammond and published by New Cavendish and called "The Story of Rovex " would be what you really want. However there are 3 volumes 1950-1965, 1965-1971 & 1971-1996 so far and they retail new at around £45 per volume. You may be able to pick them up on Ebay 2nd hand or sometimes there are Railway Book Club offers.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Thunder,

Pat Hammond has also been involved in producing "British Model Railways Catalogue (4th Edition)" which is rather cheaper but has much less detail. Go to the Books section of the MRE website www.mremag.demon.co.uk/hpsite/index.htm for information.

The 'Story of Rovex' books mentioned above are often available on bookstalls at model railway exhibitions, sometimes on special offer, sometimes second-hand. I would not recommend trying to use the Railway Book Club - experiences with them in the last three years have not been at all happy for me or them.
Regards,
John Webb

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
There are normally good deals on Amazon for the Pat Hammond books which really are excellent and cover absolutely everything including overseas models and all accessories and support products of the Triang/Triang Hornby/Hornby company from 1951 to 1996.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts