Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I used to be an avid reader and contributor to Hornby's form but of late, the administrator has been rather heavy handed deleting critical threads and those with, shall we say obscure relationships with model railways. I've been reading threads on this forum for some time but now I've decided to take the plunge and master the complexities of this site. I'm also looking forward to meeting old friends again; Southernsteve for one - we were trying to get Hornby interested in a blue/yellow class 73 with TOPS number. No luck there, at least here I don't expect it !

Looking forward to getting help from the experts !

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the MRF! You'll find our moderators are indeed moderate, and the facilities on this Forum for photographs and private messages very useful.

If you'd looked at the 'Live Steam' part of the Hornby Forum you may have noticed my invite for those interested in a more interactive look at that area to come to this Forum, and the Moderators have been kind enough to set up 'Live steam' as a sub-forum on it's own.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Welcome, Bob. What complexities? Is there a particular part of the site that frightens you? If so let us know and we'll try to guide you through it!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Bob and welcome to MRF,

I think it's a friendly and useful place for us railway types, regardless of scale, or anything else for that matter!

As an aside our mods seem quite tolerant compared to some.

QUOTE (BobB @ 28 Jan 2009, 09:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we were trying to get Hornby interested in a blue/yellow class 73 with TOPS number. No luck there,

Strange when you consider the amount of time they carried that livery.

From another who prefers the Southern but seems to end up modelling Belgium.

Regards

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes our mods are a tolerant bunch - thanks Dave

The mods here are open about moderation. Keen modellers ourselves and active users of the forum, we don't remain anonymous and we'll send messages to members explaining what moderation has taken place if it is not obvious. As long as the rules, which have been set up for everyone benefit, are respected then you'll hardly see any moderation.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Welcome Bob!

QUOTE The mods here are open about moderation. Keen modellers ourselves and active users of the forum, we don't remain anonymous and we'll send messages to members explaining what moderation has taken place if it is not obvious. As long as the rules, which have been set up for everyone benefit, are respected then you'll hardly see any moderation.

Its a great forum and a breath of fresh air compared to others. My thanks to the moderators and all those who run the forum. Perhaps we don't say that often enough!

Russell

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 28 Jan 2009, 20:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi...do you like steeplecabs???

A fine question!

QUOTE (BobB @ 29 Jan 2009, 12:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't know ! What's a steeplecab ?

I feel sure Alastair will explain!

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts