Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (jingling-geordie @ 17 Jun 2008, 11:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I saw a picture of them,
Maybe if you posted a picture of them someone would be able to identify them, otherwise we will just go round & round in circles like a first train set.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (jingling-geordie @ 17 Jun 2008, 18:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Brian, are they hornby compatible and dcc operable. I hope so as I have now bought them.
Yes - they are both code 100, although with the FLM trackbed the rail height will be slightly different, but easy to adjust with a little bit of packing. You will have to remove the FLM joiner/fishplate where they connect to Hornby.

Couple of small bits of advice ;

The FLM points come as standard with little clips to make the points non-isolating so ideal for DCC - if they have been removed (to make them isolating) we probably have some.

Do not use a CDU with FLM (or Roco for that matter) point motors - they are precision compared to Peco ones. They will snap over with a tiny click with no more that half an amp. If you use a CDU they will "bounce", buzz & probably burn out.

If they have not been used for some time just give them a clean & they will last forever.

You can power them on DCC from any accessory decoder that gives a pulse - don't use one that has any form of CDU built in.

Because you can run through them if trailing & set the "wrong way" they lend themselves to automation very well (we use FLM on the autmated storage yards on St.Laurent).

BTW - don't use the Relco with DCC - this was discussed some time ago on MRF - do a forum search to find the posts - the technical reasons are in there somewhere.

If you should decide not to use the FLM points then send me a PM.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts