Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the chances of a T9 (or three) for sale at Warley?

No doubt the container ship has been hijacked by Somali pirates off Barwell but it would be nice to get a chance before the major box shifters get their allocations.

72C

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
You're sure they're Somali pirates?

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
i would have serious concernes about any ship near Barwell! but as the T9 is made by hornby then it would be going to margate!!

Seriously though. i unserstand that a batch was made and actually delieverd to the UK. but traction was so poor that they got sent back to china to have traction tyres fitted on one set of drivers. i have not heard anything since then.
they might do their trick and air freight in 100 loco's. but i wouldnt get your hopes up.

Peter

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am more concerned that a model with such a headwater of anticipation will not reach my local model shop as the major box shifters will get the first allocations. This is not a rant, instead I am merely accepting the facts of commercial life but I do try to support my local shop.

So why do I want one at Warley? I suppose that this is my opportunity to get one.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (72C @ 19 Nov 2008, 11:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am more concerned that a model with such a headwater of anticipation will not reach my local model shop as the major box shifters will get the first allocations. This is not a rant, instead I am merely accepting the facts of commercial life but I do try to support my local shop.

So why do I want one at Warley? I suppose that this is my opportunity to get one.

Yes, it's a great shame that the playing field is far from level !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 19 Nov 2008, 06:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i would have serious concernes about any ship near Barwell! but as the T9 is made by hornby then it would be going to margate!!

I have just had a strange vision of a pirate vessel sailing into Thamesport!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
On the subject of releases maybe Bachmann will surprise us with the 4CEP!

Regards

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 19 Nov 2008, 17:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On the subject of releases maybe Bachmann will surprise us with the 4CEP!

Careful or you'll get me too worked up. But that would be something else.
Anyone hear on the news today that a pirate mothership had been found? Shades of Capt Jack Sparrow meets Star Trek.
mal

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 19 Nov 2008, 17:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On the subject of releases maybe Bachmann will surprise us with the 4CEP!

Regards

QUOTE (Purley Oaks @ 19 Nov 2008, 17:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Careful or you'll get me too worked up. But that would be something else.
Anyone hear on the news today that a pirate mothership had been found? Shades of Capt Jack Sparrow meets Star Trek.
mal

They have started tooling for the 4CEP and delivery is penciled in for next spring (2009). Model Zone are having a special edition done in Blue

·
In depth idiot
7,728 Posts
The gauge problem exists alright. Usual approach is to change the bogies, a surprisingly slick operation. With containers a transfer operation would be equally possible though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts