2,499 Posts
Hi Al

What can I say "truly stunning work".

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
574 Posts
It is a nice kit. Shame it's now out of production.
Down side is the kit is of the Goethe after it was rebuilt after the war. Striaght out the box it doesn't look right so I've altered much of the forward cabin area to make it more open decked. I'm also not happy with the funnel and bridge. Again too modern looking. I think both will come off and something slightly more retro fitted.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Not really a lot of progress today, just the pier foundation and finally the chance to see how the two side frames look together.

I'm reasonable pleased with it. A couple of the cross beams are out of alignment and just need a bit of adjustment.

·
Administrator
9,939 Posts
QUOTE I'm reasonable pleased with it

You must have very high standards, it looks great in the photos.

David

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
That is looking really fantastic mate, you should be very proud of yourself, It's a hell of an achievement.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The paddle steamer 'Rheinland' waiting for her passengers.

Although she's meant to look a bit war weary, but I think I've been a little heavy handed with the weathering...

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hi Al,

She looks awesome cant wait to see her with passengers

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Al

I think the weathering on the steamer is "spot on" mate, Excellent

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think all the work in the photos is outstanding.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project as it covers 2 of my interests............. WWII history & model railways

In the words of David Coleman............ "Quite remarkable.........!!"

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I got hold of a bit more river traffic the other day. I'm planning three of these S-100 E-Boats on a training cruise along the Rhine.

It's a 1:100 scale card model made by WAK in Poland. They do a whole host of stuff - ships, planes, cars - in various scales. www.wak.pl

I've reduce the sheets down to 1:160 scale on a photocopier and once I feel brave enough get started.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
An important milestone reached today. All three parts of the bridge are now one free standing structure and looks pretty dame good.....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Latest update.

I've got the tunnel entrance clad and base coated. A bit of weathering and it should look ok.

Next job are the two piers.

61 - 80 of 428 Posts