Model Railway Forum banner
161 - 180 of 428 Posts

·
Administrator
10,004 Posts
QUOTE I bet that 'O' gauge Barmouth Bridge looked impressive.

It did.

David

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
QUOTE (LetoII @ 8 Jan 2011, 16:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great stuff Al; did that come as a strip or did you have to scratchbuild every upright and add it to the rail?

Dave

It's made up from Evergreen 'C' channel with microstrip uprights and handrail.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Seems like ages since I've posted an update on the bridge, and to be honest, I've not done much except to finish the handrails and fitted most of the rail deck. I've still got a bit more to do before it's ready for painting again.

Also a picture of Dora looking bit on the small...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Circumstances have realy put a stop to the project for about a year. The bridge is painted and track laid, however little progress on the two end towers. I really would like to get the towers finished sometime soon so I can get the bridge up on a display shelf untill I can start looking at the layout again.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Very impressive bit of work, maby a daft ? but do you have a river on your layout to match bridge crossing, or built for large diarama.Look forward to seeing when completed.

cheers rab.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Thanks for the welcome back.
The layout isn't dead, just on hold. And it will have a suitably impressive Rhine size river to plant the bridge on.
I'll post up a couple on progress photos over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 24 Nov 2011, 21:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the welcome back.
The layout isn't dead, just on hold. And it will have a suitably impressive Rhine size river to plant the bridge on.
I'll post up a couple on progress photos over the weekend.

Hi Al,

That will be stunning when placed, look forward to seeing.

cheers rab.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Kind of hard to believe it't the same place....70 years, a blink in historical terms..............

Regards

·
Ex-member
1,051 Posts
Congrats on making it there, Al.

You werent tempted to "liberate" that bridge motiff off the door, then?

(Never mind me: it's an Aussie colonial/convict thing... a lot of us always size up stuff like that!)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Super job well done. Long while since I stood in the then visitors room in the towers, and strolled around the site. The bridge and site used in the film were certainly undersized to the actual. Suppose it portrayed the gist of what happened, the original no longer there. I reckon the film version only half the width. Beeman.

161 - 180 of 428 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.