Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
At a model rail show in Australia earlier this year there was a guy selling motors to replace the crappy ones in Lima trains. There was a recent article in either RM or Model Rail which reviewed or covered this. I can't remember which it was. But anyway this should be a good reference point for anyone wanting to improve their loco.

I would agree with MMaD's comment about tender drives and DCC. I converted a Merchant Navy and a Britania with the same chips and the Merchant navy (motor in the body) is great whereas the Britannia (tender drive) is rubbish.

·
Premium Member
8,102 Posts
QUOTE I used Lenz silver series decoders in all three and the perform as well as a Mashima or Sagami equipped model.

I was going to replace the Bachmann decoder I put in the Britannia with a Lenz silver like you recommended Ozzie. I just haven't got round to buying them yet. I am hoping this will sort it out as it's a good loco and I don't want to retire it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.