Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

recently i have been building a oo guage class 466 networker and due to the train manufacturers not producing windows as spare parts i have been forced into making my own windows to fit the said train. After quite a long fight with different ideas i have finally produced a flush glazed resin window that mounts from inside the vehicle, making it incredibly easy to fit and also a lot more robust than the thin plastic flushglaze windows on the market. Following this success i have decided to gather information on producing and selling flush glazed resin window kits for other models available to buy off ebay. This is where i would like peoples feedback..... i would like to know whether people would be interested in buying these, what models they would like to see these kits for and what sort of price people would be prepared to pay for them.

Many thanks in advance

Paul.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Only a suggestion, but Bachmann's Bulleid coaches benefit greatly in appearance from fitting flush glazing but the existing flush glazing kits are a pain to fit, particularly into the vent windows (I know, I've done one!).

Additionally, you could mould the odd vent in the open position (would require cutting the centre pillar away).

Getting carried away now, you could also have windows with shallow vents moulded as part of the overall window (the Bachmann originals would be easy enough to cut away - the effect would be rather like the existing Bacchy Mark 1 coaches.

That's the one that occurs to me as many other rtr models are now available with more modern flush glazing already.

I'm not an LNER modeller but the Bachmann Thompson coaches would probably get a few votes too, particularly as Bachmann reneged on their originally announced improvements to them - any supporters out there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts