Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an internet resource to find out what carriages/wagons a particular class and age of loco pulled? I am very much a beginner, and don't really know anything regards this. I have kind of decided to make the first layout I do a BR late crest era layout, so when looking at locos, I want to know what carriages to pair with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies.

Basically, I want to do a slight mix of steam and early diesel locos from the era. What I don't want to do really is to pair a loco that generally pulled freight with passenger coaches and vice versa. My knowledge about this is zero, so was wondering if there was a referencable resource without bugging you guys all the time.

I'm doing this period, as I will use N gauge and it seems to give the biggest scope in currently available resources, both for rolling stock and moddling items. Farish notes the period as being 1957-66, so there is some scope in that period. In terms of location, I hadn't really thought about it. I guess I would do the North West, as that's where I have called home now for 8 years. Other than that aroung the Northampton area as that's where I was born and bred.

In terms of loco's, I have just ordered a Dapol M7 lined in BR late crest from Hattons for £28, good value IMO. Not really knowing alot, I guess this would have pulled passenger coaches?

The other loco's I like, but are as yet unreleased are things like 'The Evening Star' and others that are yet to be released, but again, I have no idea about what they pulled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.