Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Graeme,

I don't know of any specefic internet resource for locomotive and carriage formations but I feel that if you want specefic information there are a fair number of us on the forum who would be able to assist, and would be only to happy to do so. After all I suspect between us we have several thousand books.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Graeme T @ 2 May 2007, 14:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In terms of loco's, I have just ordered a Dapol M7 lined in BR late crest from Hattons for £28, good value IMO. Not really knowing alot, I guess this would have pulled passenger coaches?

Graeme, the M7s were originally built by the London and South Western Railway for suburban passenger working, they spent their whole lives working in the south of England. In the livery you have ordered they would have been found on empty stock workings at terminal stations, local branch work and local goods/trip workings. I hope this is of some help.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 May 2007, 13:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Graeme, the M7s were originally built by the London and South Western Railway for suburban passenger working, they spent their whole lives working in the south of England. In the livery you have ordered they would have been found on empty stock workings at terminal stations, local branch work and local goods/trip workings. I hope this is of some help.

Regards

John

Ooops- forgot to add most Southern region coaching stock in this period was green, with maroon on inter regional workings. Interestingly enough the southern were the only region to have their own dedicated fleet of mk 2s painted in the regional colours.

Regards

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.