Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have just returned to rail modelling after a 25 year layoff. Partly as my boy is simply mad on trains, though my interest has never really gone away, just had lack of space for a layout. Boy what a different world the scene is now. Read loads of other posts looking for the info i wanted, but I think i will be asking for help/advice over the coming months years etc. I've been involved with classic cars for many years and the forums are a great place to help others, so i hope by joining this one, others can help me!!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Ken and welcome to the forum.

As Brian said - fire away with the questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Regards

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
***It hasn't only "not fallen on its face", but is now quite dominant after over 30 years of consistently positive evolution.

This is largely due to the existence of the NMRA standards that evolved in the first decade, and it will just keep growing!

I think we can truly say "DC is dead"... for while many still enjoy modellling with DC, all progress and evolution is towards digital control.

Richard

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Ken and welcome to the wonderful world of the MRF.

Like you I had a 25+ year lay-off and the MRF was a God-send in getting to grips with the latest technology. We have some excellent modellers here, including some who I would classify as 'experts in their field'. All are friendly and more than willing to help a fellow enthusiast.

Enjoy your modelling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.