Model Railway Forum banner

Review of A3 sound decoder by DCC Concepts

12K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  neil_s_wood 
Cool

I was travelling behind A4 class "Bittern" last Saturday and can still remember the chime whistle which was blown for every high vis jacket at the railside. It's very evocative.

Can you tell us what size of speaker has been used and where it has been installed?

Is there a reason why you didn't opt for a smoke unit as well?

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post this. Looks like another item for the wish list.

David

QUOTE I was going dizzy there watching it speed up

It gets a bit manic, doesn't it?

David

QUOTE Send us any steam loco you like,

That's a tempting offer, particularly the speaker up front as I agree entirely about the chuffs coming from the wrong end.

I have another question: did you rewire the pickups on the A3? My understanding is that the chassis is used as one the power feed routes and on my model it will sometimes short out on some curves or passing through points. The short shuts down my system which is a real pain.

David

QUOTE Nothing all that special for this loco though - yours really shouldn't be causing problems really - something must be out of position if it is.

Thanks for that information. I have an A4 that has never given me any trouble. I will have to make time to have a look.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.