Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently bought the two sets of Ostende-Wien coaches and the Karlsbad one.
ttp://rivarossi.hornbyinternational.com/all-products/coaches/hr-4031/

I am told by someone with a lot of knowledge of these sort of coaches that these are completely the wrong colours and should be all blue. Does anyone know who in Hornby can be collared for evidence that the colours they chose are authentic? The coaches are not cheap and there can be no excuse if they are putting them out in fantasy colours.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hi Peter,

Not that I can find the web site but Pre 1940 I am pretty sure that the CIWL coachs all had oval windows on the wagon doors and lead lined circular toilet windows.

As for the colour scheme, there is and has been huge debate as to whether it is correct or not. General consensus is that it is incorrect, but a lack of colour pictures makes it pretty hard to make a call one way or another.

Maybe Hornby have some proof, it would be good to see it.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (john woodall @ 24 Jun 2008, 10:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Peter,

Not that I can find the web site but Pre 1940 I am pretty sure that the CIWL coachs all had oval windows on the wagon doors and lead lined circular toilet windows.

As for the colour scheme, there is and has been huge debate as to whether it is correct or not. General consensus is that it is incorrect, but a lack of colour pictures makes it pretty hard to make a call one way or another.

Maybe Hornby have some proof, it would be good to see it.

John

Hi John

Pics I've been sent definitely don't show two tone coaches. Even with B&W photos you'd see the difference.

Cheers

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts