Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice to see that the link made its way from the Railways of Germany forum.

There is a little bit of interest for British fans, a double Fairlie in 009, not HOe. Other highlights are a 231E* for the SNCF and more variations on the BR52. Roco have managed to duplicate both Jouef, Rivarossi and Piko with Czech 'goggle' BoBo's and another version of the 68000.

*An eye watering 549Eu

Tim Hale

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
....Tim, also an eye watering Br24 and would you believe it, with WAGNER deflectors !

Clive, one for you as well : a SNCF 231E steamer, very exotic.

Neil, a lot of different variants of the Br52. Which one was yours? The ÖBB Rh 52 is the one I want.

The PKP pike coaches is also on my list.

All in all a lot of new items for all tastes.

Baykal

·
Registered
495 Posts
There is also a Festiniog Fairlie in 4mm scale 009.!!!! surely not april 1st is it

I would have picked a smaller and cheaper prototype ,and possibly more useful to non Festiniog fans to kick off a 4mm range .Its a bit too specific for me but its an exciting model and will sell.

·
Registered
358 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 4 Jan 2009, 19:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Clive, one for you as well : a SNCF 231E steamer, very exotic.
All in all a lot of new items for all tastes.

Baykal
Hello,
Baykal, you are quite right I'm going to go for the 231E, even if it is well expensive! Things like this do not come round very often. You are right, if these all come to production then there is something for everybody, must be Christmas!

Thanks to Steven for the link.

regards
Clive

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Hmm. I've tried several times tonight at approx hourly intervals and keep getting the dreaded 404 page not found.

Maybe tomorrow....

David

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Neil, of what I have seen and read in various German forums they have tucked the speaker under the cab roof on the Br52....and comes with that annoying cardanshaft.

Baykal

·
Registered
28 Posts
> I couldn't get in to see them.

I'm sorry to everyone but I had to remove pdf file from download.gbbkolejka.pl
There were over 15000 download from whole Europe during some hours, and my limits on that server were ended...

I think that now this file can be download from a lot of others places...

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE There is also a Festiniog Fairlie in 4mm scale 009.!!!! surely not april 1st is it

I would have picked a smaller and cheaper prototype ,and possibly more useful to non Festiniog fans to kick off a 4mm range .Its a bit too specific for me but its an exciting model and will sell.

The trouble is that all British narrow gauge prototypes are very specific . Almost no designs were used by more than one line - the only case I can think of that was is the Baldwin WD 4-6-0T from WW1 (Welsh Highland, Ashover and Snailbeach), and arguably the ex WW1 Simplexes

The Fairlie does at least have enough wheels for decent pickup and enough size for reasonable mass - 009 locos have not always been reliable runners. Asa tie in for the year the Welsh Highland opens through to Portmadoc it may be reasonable enough

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 5 Jan 2009, 17:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, of what I have seen and read in various German forums they have tucked the speaker under the cab roof on the Br52....and comes with that annoying cardanshaft.

Baykal
Hi Erkut, I saw the cardan shaft on one of your links. I have this on every other Roco lok I have so it has to be expected. I don't like it but can't do anything about it.

The speaker in the cab doesn't sound good. That would indicate that it is a small speaker. This puts me off the BR44 with pre-installed sound. I might be better of making my own arrangments as I want big sound for that.

regards

Neil

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Swiss E3/3 loco with digital uncoupling, do these have a NEM socket that allows you to put a Profi coupling in place?

They are also going head to head with Trix with a model of the BR23. I wonder which one will be best?

Anybody also notice that there wasn't a single N gauge item in that PDF?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Finally I have seen it.

Couple of Italian freight wagons for epoch II to add a bit of variety to rolling stock fleet.

The set of three talbot hoppers look interesting, but are they better than the Fleischmann ones?

Cheers

John

1 - 20 of 34 Posts