Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Roco had a demo of their new multiMAUS Pro Wireless system. It uses the IEEE 802.15.4 wireless specification that is somewhere between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless. Some of the other companies at the show called it Bluetooth, but I can't see anywhere that IEEE 802.15.4 is pure Bluetooth. The basic framework conceives a 10-meter communications area with a transfer rate of 250 kbit/s.

Anyway it seemed to work just fine at the show with no problems or interference at all. They even let me play a bit. The device is very easy to hold and is extremely comfortable. It is powered by 3 standard AAA batteries. The product has two features over the last multiMAUS that are great, namely CV read-back and routing control. 9999 locos, 1024 points and signals, double heading etc.

The multiZENTRALE Pro base station has a built in antenna and has 3 slave ports that can be used for old multiMAUSes. It has a 3.2amp output, feedback ports and a USB PC port. Rocomotion is supported of course which is Roco's version of RAILROAD & CO by Freiwald Software. The device is ready for the pending bidirectional DCC standard defined by the NMRA.

The multiMAUS Pro set comprises of the multiMAUS Pro wireless controller, the multiZENTRALE Pro and the Rocomotion PC software. MRRP is 399 Euros.

This loco was quite interesting. It had DCC sound and function controlled sliding cargo covers with associated sound. When you click a function key, the doors slide open to reveal the cargo. The sound is perfect. Two of these wagons were on the train, operated with different function keys.

While I was watching the demo of the function controlled cargo wagons,there were 3 other locos that were going backwards and forwards over the same junction on 3 different routes set up and controlled by the multiZENTRALE Pro.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 10 Feb 2008, 14:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This loco was quite interesting. It had DCC sound and function controlled sliding cargo covers with associated sound. When you click a function key, the doors slide open to reveal the cargo. The sound is perfect. Two of these wagons were on the train, operated with different function keys.
That is quite ingenious! So both Trix and Roco are doing digital movement and sound - the next big thing then! And who, once they have an opening wagon, would be satisfied by a non-moving one! It is only a small step from here conceptually to load and unload wagons and containers and have working container terminals with the user only having to press a single button...

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
The new version of the Multimaus certainly looks like it could be worth the investment, and I can't wait to see opening wagons.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts