Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on the previous subject i wonder if anyone could please tell me the part number to fit Roco close couplings to lilliput coaches with NEM pockets. i have never seen these and would like to order some for trial.
Andrew

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Roco do two couplings for close coupling in NEM mountings ;

40395 which they call the "universal coupling) &

40270 which is the one that looks like the Hornby one.

If you cant get them from your usual supplier send me a PM.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello,
thoroughly recommend the Roco 40270 "bayonet" type coupling for coaching stock. They give an excellent realistic look to a rake of coaches, I use the standard hook and bar type coupling at the extremities to attach to locos.

Regards

Clive

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information, Brian and Clive , 40270 it is then.Looking forward to seeing how my coach rakes look and finding out what min radius they will cope with.(obviously this can vary from vehicle to vehicle). Hoping it will be ok on 50 or 55cm radius. Buffer clearance looks to be 5 or 6mm on my current 50cm radius.
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
358 Posts
Andrew,
skould be no problem with your radius of curves. The only snag I have had is when the couplings get splayed with age (10 years) they do have a tendency to decouple on tight curves, but this is quickly rectified with their replacement.

Regards,

Clive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts