Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

For those not aware, a new set of Nightjet coaches is being developed in HO and N based on the new Siemens Nightjet fleet of the Ã-BB. The news announcement link is here.

This is welcome news. I have to add this is a good strategy by Roco/Fleischmann to develop these Nightjets for both scales, since these trains will in real life operate pretty much all over Europe even as far as Sweden; so the Epoch VI modelling demographic will be substantial.

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have been following the development of the new coaches with great interest so it's going to be nice (and expensive) to be able to build a consist in HO scale. It's really cool to se the Vectron nose on the driving trailers and I hope they paint at least one Vectron in the Nightjet colors like they did with the Taurus.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello, I have just pre-ordered the Roco Vectron Nightjet; have the Roco coaches been and gone? Cheers
Yes, things have changed since my previous post and there is a NJ Vectron in 1/1 now and I too have the Roco one on pre-order. I skipped the new NJ Taurus as I already have the earlier one - 1116 195-9. I think there were some Roco NJ coaches released 2 years ago (I have two of them somewhere) and there should be another set coming out. I also have a 3-car PIRATA/LS Models NJ set but I really want the Vectron-cab driving trailer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm just hoping that we won't have to wait too long for the rest of the new "Viaggio Next Level" platform based NJ sleepers and coaches that OBB is currently buying from Siemens in addition to the Vectron-cab trailers. I'm pretty sure I'll get the complete 7-car set.

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
have the Roco coaches been and gone?
Didn't see any in Roco's Era VI coaches on their website, so I guess you're correct.
Looks like LS Models are the ones to watch out for at present.

Looking back through my gallery, I posted this Roco sitzwagen in May 2018...

And an ACME couchette car in November 2018

Reactions: reddo and Babz

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Thanks chaps 🤗 I did see the LS models special edition 8 car set out there for sale at 600 Euros; definitely not cheap but being LS and an 8 car set, the quality should be very high and maybe not such a crazy price? I re-read the Roco announcement back from February and it does seem they will be producing full sets in 2022-23 in line with the real thing build programme they say. So I may start a little NJ savings account each month as I really want the full train from Munich; the livery is just superb IMHO. Reading the LS models details, this was to commemorate the first running from Brussels I think so the Roco sets should be different eg carriage types? Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Paul, I haven't seen the Roco announcement but I'm hoping that they will produce the latest generation of the RailJet and NightJet rolling stock which is an improved version of the current RailJet Viaggio coaches. The new coaches still have the characteristic flat ribbed roof but some of the doors and windows will be relocated and the interiors will be updated. Interestingly enough, I have a pic of a NightJet train at Frankfurt airport from 2018 or 19 and there is a Viaggio sleeper in NJ paint scheme in the consist.

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
There was an announcement about Roco / Fleischmann producing models of the forthcoming (in service date 2022) next generation Siemens designed Nightjet trains back in February 2021.
Roco Modelleisenbahn News OEBB Nightjet is also rolling in at ROCO & FLEISCHMANN
I've not heard anything since, so I guess they are still in the design stage.
The most recent news item on the Roco website is a list of items which will be arriving before the end of the year. Like many other manufacturers, Roco are having difficulty getting parts.
Roco Modelleisenbahn News Delivery: November & December 2021
Meanwhile I stumbled across this review of Nightjet journey from Vienna to Brussels on Youtube,
Note the livery on the loco which starts the journey from Vienna ...

David

Reactions: reddo and Babz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts