Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about European companies or their products but in the lastest 2007 Roco new products catalogue theres an item (61106 G800) as above. Is anyone familiar with this and how does it compare with what I do (ie peco on cork strips)? I'm presuming it's a fairly compressed yet flexible rubberised compound?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
If my reading of the website is correct the "geoline" flexitrack is not flexible in the way that Peco is. There is a slight element of flexibility with it but I suspect it will only flex to about the same degree as the Fleischmannn flexible track does. I would say it would be lower than Peco on cork. The track actually looks quite good. (I have seen one of the points)

Hope this helps

Regards

John

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
follows on from certain other makers of quality trackwork......and a truly excellent idea....I have always considered Hornby track to be verging on the 'too flimsy'' for trainset use.

Combining the rail into a sturdy roadbed..with sleepers, fixings, etc simply onthe surface, is an eminently practical solution.....harking back to the days of Hornby 3-rail and trix twin track?

Or triang grey stuff, or TT red stuff?

A case of, then, 'right idea, but limited by the technology of the day?'

KAto have had the idea for ages......I just wish something like the Unitrack system had been available for 4mm scale?

[good place to hide point motors?]

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must investigate further. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
As I understand it Roco make track for Hornby (unless things have changed). I thought they dropped their own range of code 100 some time ago and introduced Code 83 obviously for the American market. Certainly when I was using code 100 six or seven odd years ago I preferred Roco track to that of Peco, their flexi track was much easier to use and some of the sleepers were pre-drilled.
Roco track

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I think that Roco stopped making track for Hornby several years ago, although I am not 100% certain. Roco can be found at www.roco.co.at for those that wish to browse in more depth.

Regards

John

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makemineadouble I believe the Austrian track is now used by Bachmann for their transets. At least that is what Pat Hammond has said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts