Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

I've got a problem with one of my Roco LokMaus 2s - it thinks there is a short circuit as soon as it is plugged into the base unit (and is very particular about which way round the lead is! It won't function as a slave (i.e. no display when plugged in as slave to my other lokmaus2), I was wondering if there is a problem inside the controller, but cannot work out how to get in - any advice? Also has anyone else experienced this? (the base unit and cables all work fine with my other controller)

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think that you have to tell the system that this is an extra controller as the system is set up for one main controller. The lead should only be able to be inserted one way as if you turn it round you are bound to get a short in the system.

I had a roco system but upgraded to a prodigy unit when I burnt the control box out on the roco unit.

I cannot find the manual but I'm sure that there is a need to tell the system that you are adding a slave unit.

regards

mike g

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help, when I said it is very sensitive to which way round its plugged in I meant that it works one end, but not the other - my other loKMaus has no problem either way round! Also, the LokMaus has been working (when I last used it about 3-4 months ago) and I didn't have to turn it on etc. to work as a slave.

The manual does not advise as to this problem, so I think there may be an internal problem, so i need to open it up, but don't know how! There are no screws to undo, so am a bit stuck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (mikeg @ 21 Feb 2008, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think that you have to tell the system that this is an extra controller as the system is set up for one main controller.

I cannot find the manual but I'm sure that there is a need to tell the system that you are adding a slave unit.

I've got the Lokomaus working again! But it only works as the slave so I wonder if maybe you are right and that you need to 'turn them on' as a slave unit - after scanning through the manuals I can;t see anyting - anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help guys, I've had a fiddle round with the controllers and have found the problem and a solution in the manual.

Basically the autoconfiguration didn't work when I first plugged them in together (dunno why!), and has never been working properly before.

So I had to enter the C menu by pressing P whilst plugging the Maus into the amplifier - this allowed me to re-address the 'number' of each controller as they both appeared to have the same. I also adjusted the maximum number of devices to ensure that was correct!

See page 28 of the manual in the link above if anyone else needs any help!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I did notice that the plug on my Lokmause handset appears to be made from an inferior metal. Are your contacts on the plugs clean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts