Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you wait and either read German or can deduce enough from pictures, you can download a PDF of Roco's 2023 new items here:
https://www.roco.cc/rde/kataloge

Some very nice looking Pacific steam locos from Germany and France but they not interest to me.
The all singing, all dancing, cost a lot, digital crane is coming out in a livery flagged for the Netherlands, otherwise no new 'toys' which is possibly a by product of the worldwide chip shortage.

I can't see my wallet being seriously tempted, so maybe I can afford a Coronation set after all ;)

David

· Administrator
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find that livery rather disturbing ;)

David

• Haha
Reactions: Babz

· Administrator
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel compelled to ask why this disturbs you David?
It creates an uncomfortable visual experience at first sight but not as bad as those wavy patterns which seem to move on the page.

David

· Registered
105 Posts
Nothing there for me. A year or so ago the two sets of DR passenger coaches would have piqued my interest, but I'm sorted on that front now.

And their Diesel selection seems to be mostly stuff they've done before. Interesting that they're announcing another BR221, after abandoning a planned 221 run a few years back.

· Premium Member
1,560 Posts
It creates an uncomfortable visual experience at first sight but not as bad as those wavy patterns which seem to move on the page.
David
There are similarities with the large BR arrows of indecision that started to appear on the side of Class 47's and 56's around 1977. "Those wavy patterns" amused me as I have some affection for the first Swiss Crossrail livery:
Train Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Window

Sadly, after I left the company the decision was made to replace that wavy patterns with what looked like a scatter graph. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Best regards ............... Greyvoices (alias John)

· LongHairedDavid
135 Posts
Is there much action here for US outline HO? I moved from Märklin 3 rail a couple of years ago into N scale US but am now in HO. I am building a small switching layout since my mother-in-law needed our help and has moved into my hobby room. I like DCC, Arduinos and such. Any one out there? My blog is at Gentle Model Railways and goes back over 10 years. Incidentally, I have a lot of Märklin, Roco and Pike sitting there doing nothing.

Long Haired David
Dispatcher on the Sunset and North Eastern R.R.

· Premium Member
1,560 Posts
........................ since my mother-in-law needed our help and has moved into my hobby room.
Long Haired David
David, you are an early contender for the MRF 2023 husband of the year award.

Best regards ............. Greyvoices (alias John)

· Registered
267 Posts
The CSD T466.2 is probably the most interesting new Roco item for me. I was interested in the DR50 with the new build tender (50 3014-3) but according to other forums, there are issues with the model in the brochure picture having the wrong cab and smoke box supports, although they may be changed on the actual model.

· Registered
Railway modeller with 40+ years experience.
20 Posts
Is there much action here for US outline HO? I moved from Märklin 3 rail a couple of years ago into N scale US but am now in HO. I am building a small switching layout since my mother-in-law needed our help and has moved into my hobby room. I like DCC, Arduinos and such. Any one out there? My blog is at Gentle Model Railways and goes back over 10 years. Incidentally, I have a lot of Märklin, Roco and Pike sitting there doing nothing.

Long Haired David
Yeah, I'm in US HO as well, I model 4 major roads: PRR, NYC, B&O, NKP (in order of the amount of stuff I have!), I also have a little bit of HOn3 which is OR&W/PRR.
Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts