Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has recently made an order to Roger Murray Signals, or lives near their premises, could you contact them?
Their website has been offline since the weekend, and either they've not paid their renewal or not been told?!
I was looking for some prices, but have had no success

http://www.rogermurray.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
One week later and still getting the same result - no web-site!

That's disconcerting!

Does anyone have any knowledge or news of this?

M8, I recently (a month ago) printed off some of Roger Murray's prices, and can dig them out, if you have anything specific in mind.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it (from another website), Roger Murray is currently ill
Some suppliers have run out of stock

It wouldn't even be so bad if the website had been pulled and a single page saying "sorry currently closed due to ill health", but it looks as if the annual renewal hasn't been paid
As a webhost myself, there is NO way I'd do that for an ecommerce "home industry" website!
I'd keep it going (Domain Name parking), then once the trader had returned resume our relationship
Hopefully it isn't too long, otherwise the Domain Name will expire and it will then cost Roger Murray a large bundle of cash (to either re-acquire the Domain Name after locking) or to obtain a new Domain Name and apply this to ALL the adverts!

I'm quite sure some good soul could pop along...

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (M8 INTERNET @ 23 Mar 2007, 06:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As I understand it (from another website), Roger Murray is currently ill
Some suppliers have run out of stock

It wouldn't even be so bad if the website had been pulled and a single page saying "sorry currently closed due to ill health", but it looks as if the annual renewal hasn't been paid
As a webhost myself, there is NO way I'd do that for an ecommerce "home industry" website!
I'd keep it going (Domain Name parking), then once the trader had returned resume our relationship
Hopefully it isn't too long, otherwise the Domain Name will expire and it will then cost Roger Murray a large bundle of cash (to either re-acquire the Domain Name after locking) or to obtain a new Domain Name and apply this to ALL the adverts!

I'm quite sure some good soul could pop along...

Thanks for that, M8, I'm sorry to hear Roger Murray is ill and I hope he recovers soon...And has not lost his web-site as you suggest.

·
Registered
101 Posts
QUOTE (M8 INTERNET @ 23 Mar 2007, 18:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NEWS :

Roger Murray has closed their website and is no longer updating or renewing their ecommerce website

Sales will continue via Mail Order and magazines

They are also now selling on eBay UK, through ID :
JennyNice

Again, thanks for the update.

As I plan to use Roger Murray products for the more elaborate station signalling on my layout, when I get there, I'm relieved he is still in business.

Has always seemed surprising to me that none of the majors produce proper colour light signals in 4 mm, after all this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts