Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone.

i have been reading through the threads for the past lot of weeks, and i was wondering if any one could tell me if it's possible to put a class 67
or the same length. on the rollers without touching the track part. as i'm planning on getting one as to, use as a programming track for dcc.
i have the hornby mixed goods + virgin 125 which in the future i will stick a decoder into it. i have just bought the bachmann class 20 w/sound
d8113. good loco, also hoping to get the ecos about the summertime. the track size will be about 8' x 4' approx. moddelling approx 60's.

p.s. nice pic doug thank you for showing them. and thanks for the help.

john

·
Registered
8 Posts
the hornby rolling road would not really be big enough to run any co-co or bo-bo diesels as the roller area would be too short to get the whole loco in. one idea would be to either remove the track section if you are not using it for tender steam locos. otherwise you could buy 2 rolling roads and use them back to back, likewise find some similar aluminum extrusion and make your own using the prebuilt rollers as a possibly cheaper option

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
You could use the Gaugemaster one & modify it (easy mod) to use as a programming track or look out for the H & M one that you often see secondhand at exhibitions or sometimes on eBay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 22 Mar 2007, 08:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is what I did here:

thanks to all for answering my question.

doug do the rollers sit higher than the track slightly. allowing for over hangs where the couplings are, so that bo bo type wheels don't touch the track section. i would say it would be a close call. if it's possible. i thank you all for your time, again

john

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I have the Bacrus with all the extensions so it's big enough for a BigBoy expensive but works really well. I really do now believe in running in models properly and the best way of achieving this is a rolling road. The Hornby one is a little more difficult to adjust as each roller is independent but it does the job at an excellent price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts