Model Railway Forum banner

Rosegrove shed

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  upnick 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,
My stepfather worked at Rosegrove shed after coming to England after the war from Germany, later moving on to Townley signal box after its closure, seeing the conversion from lever operation to pushbuttons.

This morning i bought a postcard showing it at its height with locos on shed ....

I would like to model a section of Rosegrove sheds as a shunting yard in his memory and keep the layout with a local theme, as it is only about two miles away from me ..... of course it has all gone now leaving a huge open space

Where is the best place to download a track plan for it and start planning my yard ?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
QUOTE (upnick @ 14 Sep 2008, 11:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,
My stepfather worked at Rosegrove shed after coming to England after the war from Germany, later moving on to Townley signal box after its closure, seeing the conversion from lever operation to pushbuttons.

This morning i bought a postcard showing it at its height with locos on shed ....

I would like to model a section of Rosegrove sheds as a shunting yard in his memory and keep the layout with a local theme, as it is only about two miles away from me ..... of course it has all gone now leaving a huge open space

Where is the best place to download a track plan for it and start planning my yard ?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
'London Midland Steam On Shed', by Bradford Barton, pages 86 & 87. I'd scan a copy but the damn thing aint workin'.
Paul M.

#4 ·
Also from around your neck of the woods.
Lower Darwen.

Accrington.

#5 ·
QUOTE (Free_at _last @ 14 Sep 2008, 15:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also from around your neck of the woods.
Lower Darwen.

Accrington.

Hi Pete,

Thats great just whats needed
thank you very much.

It gives me great ideas and plans on how to approach it.

#6 ·
QUOTE (bike2steam @ 14 Sep 2008, 14:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>'London Midland Steam On Shed', by Bradford Barton, pages 86 & 87. I'd scan a copy but the damn thing aint workin'.
Paul M.

Thank you for the offer 'bike2steam' hope your scanner is working soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.