Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry to be so soon on the back of my previous thread, but I chose to rename Route's End to 'Route's End 2' and designing the layout name in the style of a Croydon Tramlink destination blind!

The Veismann catenary starter set arrived and it's not that easy! Spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning screwing down the mast bases - the screws supplied are small and don't lend themselves to power drivers, so I have a blistered right palm! Sunday afternoon saw the masts in place and that evening, the wiring was up. Monday saw the final adjustments and tightening.

Mehano Boeing MUNI car at the terminus - wires are a little too high for my pantographs, but it is not noticeable when looking down on the layout, at least the pans won't snag on the knitting. Taxis and a cycle rack to follow!

Mehano Boeing MUNI testing mast clearances. The main point will be motorised in the near future.

Both Mehano cars by the walkboards in the stabling sidings, the footbridge had to go as it impeded the OHLE clearances but it has a new life on a club layout!

Both Mehano cars by the stops. Not much more to be done to this layout but the OHLE has certainly made a big difference!

Dave.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
its looking good dave.

Might i suggest a waft of dirt from an airbrush over the track. it will help to blend the ballast. your last post prompted me to dig out my boing LRV. it needed a good clean but apart from that it was just fine.

peter

Edit- sorry i was having a brain fart. i didnt realise that was the sponge underlay. i presume you will ballast that part later.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 13 Sep 2007, 11:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its looking good dave.

Might i suggest a waft of dirt from an airbrush over the track. it will help to blend the ballast. your last post prompted me to dig out my boing LRV. it needed a good clean but apart from that it was just fine.

peter

Edit- sorry i was having a brain fart. i didnt realise that was the sponge underlay. i presume you will ballast that part later.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the compliments, it's all foam underlay - Gaugemaster for the plain line and Peco for the points. There are lots of little jobs that need doing as part of my 'long term continual improvement strategy' (Yes, I am in Quality Assurance) - Sprinkling a bit of ballast on the points underlay is one, adding OHLE tensioning masts to each track end is another, and motorising the main point. That's three things for 2008!

Dave.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 13 Sep 2007, 10:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry to be so soon on the back of my previous thread,

No need to apologise - the improvement made by the Viessmann overhead is well worth the effort. The whole model could be deemed an inspiration.

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two more shots of the terminus:

Now got my two taxis - a BMW X-5 and a Mercedes-Benz CLK, quite upmarket taxis for my locale!!!

Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts