Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Route's End 2 made its debut in its rebuilt form at the Ipswich Transport Museum and despite it being a very cold building, the layout worked well and was well received.

It has been booked for The One Model Railway Club exhibition at Needham Market on 23 August and photos of it will appear in an issue of the Model Bus magazine.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

Arm is getting better but i'm undergoing physiotherapy which may last up to a year. The Ipswich Transport Museum show was my first exhibition since the accident and thanks to my co-operator Barbara and me wearing my splint all day, I got through it all!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Looks good Dave - I didn't realise quite how small it was.

Glad to hear the arm's mending.

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 14 Apr 2008, 09:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good Dave - I didn't realise quite how small it was.

Glad to hear the arm's mending.

Regards

All 3ft 6ins (1.067m) x 7ins (0.178m) of it!

Dave

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 14 Apr 2008, 00:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi John,

thanks to my co-operator Barbara and me wearing my splint all day, I got through it all!

Cheers,

Dave

Did Barbara hurt her arm as well or is the British health service trying to out do the American health service?

Neat layout.

John

Possibly taking things to literally

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just been exhibiting Route's End 2 at the One Model Railway Club's first exhibition in Needham Market (One was the brandname of our local train operator now called National Express East Anglia).

My often temperamental MBTA car got even more temperamental and as I had my new Trackmobile with me, I withdrew the tram and added the Trackmobile as a 'tug' moving the MUNI car (with pantograph down) between sidings and station. (The reality being that contrasting motor speeds gave the impression the the MUNI car being towed).

The Muni car left the station under its own power with the pantograph up.

Apologies for the poor quality - its my mobile phone camera.

This was an interesting and often demanding operating sequence which certainly held mine and the punters attention.

Dave

·
Administrator
9,856 Posts
QUOTE Apologies for the poor quality - its my mobile phone camera.

I think they're ok. I've seen far worse quality than that from a mobile phone camera.

David

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all,

Just returned from exhibiting Route's End 2 at the Macmillian Cancer Support Model Railway Exhibition at Wellingborough, Northants. and here's some photos taken on my mobile:

The terminus end with newly extended siding holding an ex BR Bachmann Plasser Work vehicle.

Both trams worked well this time and here they are in the stabling sidings.

My friend Barbara 'Piermistress' operating in between eating cream cakes!

I am seriously considering selling this layout after July 2009. the reason for after that date is that the London Festival of Model Tramways at Kew Bridge, takes place in late July.

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts