Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just had a quiet day and did some more on Route's End:

Now completed station with missing passengers reinstated and as it looks a bit like Sheffield Supertram's Halfway tramstop, I'm tempted to stick a couple of taxis in front.

No overheads installed yet, but a test run with my MUNI Boeing LRV over the remodelled pointwork showing adequate clearance to the trolley. More about the low hedge in the next caption.

Testing Route's End in its 'one person mode' where the tracks become a stabling point and the cars just shuttle between them and platform - not prototypical operation, but nevertheless convincing. The repainted 'Thomas the Tank Engine' footbridge has its second signal in place (Yes, they are both in line - its the shadows in my garage make them look out of line).
A new lower hedge along the front acts as a 'barrier' which might deter poking and prodding.

Everything has been glued, screwed, nailed, epoxy-resined down so apart from putting electrified barbed tape along the front, this layout should be relatively 'kid-proof'! That family whose actions damaged this layout, have not beaten me!!!!

The final chapter is some time away, that'll be the overhead installation.

Dave.

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
Nice work

QUOTE That family whose actions damaged this layout, have not beaten me!!!!
Bravo

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I think it looks better now than it did - perhaps the little darlings did you a favour?

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 Sep 2007, 13:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think it looks better now than it did - perhaps the little darlings did you a favour?

Regards

Thanks Dave,

I agree with you. Have decided to set this up permanently as two stabling sidings feeding a tramstop. It will operationally be a lot easier and prevents one of us over-reaching thus reducing muscular strain and allows us to give attention to the punters at a show. Feedback from friends suggest this is the way to go - a self-contained unit!

Cheers,

Dave (Piermaster) & Barbara (Piermistress)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 3 Sep 2007, 13:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>& Barbara (Piermistress)

Memories of Margate for me in the early 80's except her name wasn't Barbara...........

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts