Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
looks good, Sarah
- I have been wondering about a few of these for my layout as all my open wagons are PO and a little early for my current project. TBH though with the price of the same wagon RTR for £8 and assembled/unpainted for £6, I don't know if I can be bothered. On the other hand, I like building kits...

· Registered
510 Posts
You are right about the plastic, it's a country mile better in the old kits and the mouldings are much crisper as the tools were newer. I have about 20 cattle wagons in the drawer which I bought in an unseen auction lot, don't need them all though! Might get around to them one day, still wondering whether to build one fully and move on, or do them as a production line finishing one stage on each!

· Registered
510 Posts
QUOTE (sarah @ 11 Apr 2015, 10:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...
The NEM Pockets and couplings are from a bag made by Dapol. (No instructions provided...anyone got a set of instructions for using the Dapol Nem Pockets?)

Yes, I do - I emailed Dapol for instructions once having had the same issue. Reply was as follows:

"OK For each end of the chassis you should have 3 plastic pieces, the hook and a screw.

1/ Take the piece which doesn't have the L shaped projections and turn it so the block on the one end is uppermost.

2/ The tension lock coupling has a projection on the one end of the d bar. Turn the coupling so that this projection alos points up.

3/ Push the coupling into the block.

4/ Take the piece with the L shaped projections and put it over the coupling shaft on the bottom of the chassis such tha the L sticks up.

5/ Put the assmebly from 3 onto the shaft making sure it passes between the legs of 4/.

6/ Screw down ensuring you do not over tighten."

the L shaped bit is the centering spring. HTH?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.