Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Just caught up with this thread Sarah thru yr footer link (bit slow ;-) anyway very interesting work on the TT as am also planning to use the Airfix model as well this

I also noted as you say, that its an over-girder type so no cutting of large holes in the baseboard required - just need to figure out a motorisation unit - missed out on a gearbox and motor on ebay a few months ago :-( I need to have a look back at those MR articles...

I also really like your scratchbuilt Coal Bagging platform and thanks for the signs - though there is a tiny typo ie Receipt is i before e except after C ;-)

Thanks also to campaman for the prototype picture - really neat

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
No worries Sarah - not much construction done on the layout but had a planning re-visit in March and extended the layout with 2x new sheets of mdf so I can re-lay the end curves (too close to each other) and fit in the Grey Stone Metcalfe Terminus Station that I just couldn't resolve elsewhere.

I like your house bash and good to see the pics from the Airfix books - I have those plus the three catalogues from the period that had the railway dioramas in.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Enhancing the interiors does make a worthwhile difference, especially now with the ability to illuminate the coaches. I have those Peco card kits somewhere- I found them very nice especially the pictures for above the luggage racks

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Nice work - good that you got the original old Airfix kits (rather than Dapol) as the mouldings shoul be a lot sharper. I built many of these kits and find it very therapeutic in that you actually create something. What photo site have you used as I have totally given up on photobucket...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.