Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (edzmen @ 17 Dec 2006, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So my question is; is rougher running 'the norm' when using a chipped loco on DC track?
[Bearing in mind i have NOT yet programmed the Hornby Decoder via my Select controller, perhaps this may be a factor?]
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Ed

Yes, this is often normal - suggest you get rid of the suppression cap as well - some decoders are OK with it left in place, others not. In any case it is not required in a DCC controlled loco as the decoder itself has suppression on board..

The other thing to double check is to make sure that both motor brushes are completely isolated from the chassis & both pick ups.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (edzmen @ 17 Dec 2006, 21:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok, thanks for that.

So removing the supressor is just a case of snipping it off where it connects to its wires? No soldering required?

Just snip it off - btw - have you soldered your other connections ? (sorry to "but in" Neil).

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 18 Dec 2006, 10:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are a very small number here who say claim the Hornby system is "junk" compared to their own current set up and who have not actually used the system.
Happy modelling
Gary

Ok then Gary - name names who are these people then ?

A search of the forum reveals 12 posts with the word "junk" - the only post with both "junk" & "Horby system" in it are......................................................yours hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts