Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noted that class 40, 45 and deltic are in works on SWd home page.

Start saving if interested.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Class 40 from SWD will be out, probably in weeks rather than months if all goes well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SWd class 40 is out.

I believe those going to the "larger" scale show in reading may get to here some ) guage ones.

It has loads of whistle on it, slow speed grunt noise for depot use, top end grunt and whistle, plus notching.

May have to get 40145 now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
any idea of why the price has gone up so much

"Out NOW by popular demand Class 40 " the whistler"

New price of £140.00 inc speaker for the British LS 3.5 XL"

seems quite a big jump if price if this is true

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
The price has not gone up, that price is not for the normal loksound 3.5, but for the 3.5 xl which is a bigger chip designed for O Gauge and above. The normal 3.5 is designed for 4mm and below and its price hasn't changed.

Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (80class @ 14 May 2007, 12:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The price has not gone up, that price is not for the normal loksound 3.5, but for the 3.5 xl which is a bigger chip designed for O Gauge and above. The normal 3.5 is designed for 4mm and below and its price hasn't changed.

Rob

Thanks for that wish the web site was a bit more informative than just one liner's, hopefully this will improve over time.
I'll definately be getting one

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yes I agree, their website can at times be very misleading. It is possible that they are currently out of the normal 3.5s and are pushing the 3.5 XLS.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (80class @ 14 May 2007, 13:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes I agree, their website can at times be very misleading. It is possible that they are currently out of the normal 3.5s and are pushing the 3.5 XLS.

If you look on the left of the sWd website, you will see a list of web pages.
Click on Products, then loksond. It explains the chips there.

I would be surprised if they were out of them, they usually have one delivery a week from Germany.
The XL is for larger motors up 3.5 amp i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts