Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
That's a real shame - just goes to show that although the 58 had very good reviews a short test by the magazines is just not enough.

Whatever happens now IMHO damage has been done & it will unfortunatly be long term.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 22 Feb 2008, 18:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>LS Models of Belgium are foreign companies who are very welcome on the German Market. Heris, a German manufacturer with hornbyish quality issues, however, was not.

I may be wrong here but AFAIK some LS models are actually from the Heris stable ?

I have a number of LS Models SNCB & CFL coaches & goods wagons that look like they are made by Heris & indeed the packaging is identical.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 22 Feb 2008, 18:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>EDIT: I do have to admit that some remarks made by Hornby executives that Hornby wants to conquer the German market because of the high profit margins did not exactly help Hornby´s popularity, especially in the light of some known quality issues when the remark had been made.

Hornby may be a big fish in the UK pond, but they are a minnow in the world pond - maybe their suits ought to bear that in mind ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts