Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi guys it is my sad news to report that I have recieved an e-mail from Chris Hoffman the co-owner of Chuffers of Guisborough a week last Saturday to state that the reason that his shop has been closed since just after Christmas was that his wife and my good friend died approx 4 weeks ago.

It has taken a week for this sad news to sink in and that is why I am just posting it now.

Karen was a good friend and she will be very much missed in the modelling world. My thoughts and heart goes out to Chris and Karens family at this sad time. And the layout I bought from them for my son just before Christmas has now got a special meaning as Karen was the person who had done the majority of the scenic work on the layout.

I will miss our chats about model railways and other things very much and I will of course pass any messages of condolences from you all to Chris the next time I either speak to him or see him.

Again I am sorry to pass on this very sad news.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know them, but this is sad news and the second model related one I have read in the last week. May they all RIP.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 1 Apr 2008, 14:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys it is my sad news to report that I have recieved an e-mail from Chris Hoffman the co-owner of Chuffers of Guisborough a week last Saturday to state that the reason that his shop has been closed since just after Christmas was that his wife and my good friend died approx 4 weeks ago.

I am very much saddened by your news. I haven't bought all that much from Chuffers but Chris and Karen had been planning a visit to Skye and I was looking forward to meeting them.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts