Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
QUOTE (mikelhh @ 27 Feb 2007, 08:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd love to get there - it's probably less than 20 minutes away - but it looks like my weekend is booked. If I do go I'll take the camera.
Well I DID get there, but the camera batteries didn't, so we had to use my wife's mobile phone and the pics weren't great and mostly not worth posting - that's because of the camera, not the displays, I hasten to add.
But I can report there were about twenty layouts on show and some good ones among them. A good mix of UK, USA diesel and steam, even a large, old 3 rail Hornby Dublo layout. Plenty of other stuff such as videos and books, wargamer dioramas, radios, boats and planes. One and a half large halls in area.
First pic is of an HO layout - Beauaraba Siding - set in sunny Queensland, but VERY freelanced . All structures were scratchbuilt.

2nd pic is of a layout aimed at the younger brigade, but showing good use of proprietary card kits.

Best layouts there - in my opinion - were N scale. No pics, sorry.

One US layout made use of one of those micro video cameras placed inside the cab of a diesel. The picture quality was quite satisfactory, and the view was wider than I had expected. I think it'd be a lot of fun - and ultimately a hard taskmaster - on a more scenic layout. Like a fool I didn't think to ask which brand it was. First time I'd seen one in use other than online.

Also saw a flyer for the Brisbane train show starting May5. Admission will be $10 a head - $30 for my wife, my daughter and I to walk through the door.

Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
"....anything that encourages youngster to the hobby is a good thing...." -I couldn't agree more, Brian. The kids were having a great time on that layout. It was good to see. Overscale vehicles and common kits didn't worry them

·
Registered
162 Posts
Neil - yes there were quite a few Metcalfe kits in evidence. Probably it indicates the quality of the product, I guess.
Any chance that you'll be at the Brisbane show in May?
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts