Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone seen or got or even seen an n gauge sandite train.

And if so could you tell me where I could get one or would it be a case of kit bashing of which I am not very good at.

I have googled the subject but I am getting no joy.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 26 Nov 2007, 21:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have googled the subject but I am getting no joy.

You could try www.railfaneurope.net it certainly has photos of the bubble car sandite units (in NSE livery)

Regards

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 27 Nov 2007, 16:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could try www.railfaneurope.net it certainly has photos of the bubble car sandite units (in NSE livery)

Regards

Thanks for that Britho but I know what they look like but I am wanting an excuse to run the new drs 66's on my layout and running a sandite train would be the perfect excuse as I have my 37/47-20 to run on the nuclear flask run.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You could make an approximate model using a container flat with scratchbuilt tanks and generators, lots of photos on the net and in the modern railway mags.
I don't know of any RTR N gauge models at present but with old farish container flats, new Dapol one and the ATM etched ones there should be a suitable one as a basis for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts