Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sandown model Rail show went quite well today with quite a few visitors, especially in the morning. Here are some pictures of the show.

Here is the BRMA stand with Jeff (SRMan) and Tony Asquith of Model Bus fame. I'm taking the picture which is why I'm not in the picture. Good to meet some of the MRF members who came to the stand.

Precision Scale Models had a stand with some interesting forthcoming models such as a Vic Rail S class. These are brass models and unlikely to be cheap however they will be good.

Golden Plains from South Australia.

There was a decent LGB stand. Garden railway's are popular in Aus.

Midsommer Norton was there too.

Dirt Steelworks was a good layout I hadn't seen before from NSW.

Ausicion models had a stand with some of their new models. They als have a new loco and coach carrying box which looked quite good.

Cardinia

Kangaroo and Cockatoo railway.

Eskbank

Melb N Track

Some of the other layouts that I didn;t get the name of are shown below.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You didn't waste any time posting those - you must have started posting as soon as I dropped you off!!!!

It was a good exhibition and I think we all enjoyed ourselves. I got no modelling whatsover done but talked a lot!

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
A lot of interesting looking layouts there Neil, thanks for posting the pictures

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (SRman @ 8 Mar 2009, 22:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You didn't waste any time posting those - you must have started posting as soon as I dropped you off!!!!

It was a good exhibition and I think we all enjoyed ourselves. I got no modelling whatsover done but talked a lot!

Yes Jeff, I got a chance while Sarah was out getting a takeaway, so I took it.

Same here, I assembled 10 buffer stops. Not a lot for a day.

No worries David. It's nice to have a bit of a record of what was on that day too.

Mr Bemo, yes European is short on the ground. There was also the Maerklin layout that tends to be at most shows which I didn't photograph. Orient Express which is a European outline shop was also there with some nice scenics and Brawa and Roco loco's on show but thta is your lot. I must admit thinking to myself that there is a bit of a gap in the market which desparately needs filled.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Thanks for posting the pix Neil, looks like a good show, if a little outside my visiting range. I hope day 3 went well.

Regards

·
Paul Hamilton aka &quot;Lancashire Fusilier&quot;
844 Posts
Can I echo Neil's comments regarding the show. I attended with wife, 2.5 year old son, 0.5 year old son and my mother and stayed for over 2 hours. It was the best show we had been to with plenty of activities for the kids (colouring in, Thomas layout U-control, Circus themed layout, train rides (stationary that bump up and down etc). I too got to say hello to the BRMA crew (I was spared duty as a new comer!) and enjoyed the rest of the displays and trade stands too and couldn't find fault with any aspect of the whole affair (except of the lack of a descent cup of coffee!)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 9 Mar 2009, 21:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I suppose it is a bit far for a day out.
May be you could make it worth your while and bring your layout too?

I dread to think what the airfreight would cost the organisers.

Regards

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

One of the big disadvantages of working on a mine you miss posts like this. You guys in the UK, Melbourne Sydney etc dont know how lucky you are. Why.......

In Perth we get 1 show a year! Very nice layouts there interesting gear and ideas. Had a look at the Auscesion range in a shop last w/end most impressive.

Cheers for that guys and thanks for posting.

martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts