Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
I like the backdrop of Ross on Wye although I actually think it is Breedon on Avon just by the M50 junction off the M5, anyway starting to look interesting, perhaps a Lithium mine as we have left Afghanistan the best source of Lithium on the planet just when we need it for electric car batteries!

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Most interesting is Hartland Quay, this got washed away about 1890 but there was a small harbour and the rock formations run at 45 degrees then have a 90 degree bend in them, could be allsorts round there, close by are the radomes of the GCHQ which work for the Americans known as a signals station I think called Morwenstowe in which village there is a lovely pub called the Bush inn, (I used to go there a lot when my sister lived nearby) - ominously no windows face the Atlantic - cos it has been known to blow a bit, with a bit of ingenuity you might have a spot where GWR meets SR and like Lydford could have parallel railway stations.

Oddly the radomes are lit up but the only photos that never came out of mine in the days of film were those I took of these radomes at night and funny this the negatives were no good at all?

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Well the GWR and LSWR had some competition going back along and that would add interest, not much left of the 'withered arm' as the LSWR lines were nicknamed gives a wider stock and choice of locos and of course the nearby metropolis of Bude - there are lovely walks along the canal and er...................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts