Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
I see the Swiss image consultants have no doubt wangled a fat sum for a back of an envelope doodle...a new (experimental??) livery is unveiled:

If it's not broken, don't repaint it?
Personally I prefer symmetrical designs, but perhaps it is time for a change? (Or just another pointless rebrand to keep the SBB "fresh" and "relevant" blah blah [insert media management spin doctor BS here]?)

Is it just me or are capital letters and straight lines so last century dahling in general?

[sepia]

[/sepia]

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Personally I like the bolder logo & the website is a sign of the times, but overall, I don't like it either - I too prefer symmetrical designs - I don't see this "flowing" with any coach repaints either.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oooh, I don't know, first impression is, well it's different! I'm no lover of the standard SBB Red to be honest, quite like some of the advertising locos though.

What I'd like to see is an Re 460 painted in 'heritage' SBB Green or Brown with old style metal plaques, now that would be interesting..........

Thanks for the photies.

Ashley

·
Registered
67 Posts
I suspect that they have decided that the "Bahn 2000" scheme, which appeared mid 90s I think, is actually pretty dated now. It was a view of the future then but isn't timeless like the traditional liveries of the 4/4iis and 6/6s (those that are not getting the SBB Cargo workover anyway).

It isn't a "wow" like some of the advertising locos; perhaps its asymmetric so they know if it is going forwards or backwards

Any statements about it being the new standard or is it just a "concept" livery? And who will be the first to produce one as a model (HO I suppose first...)?

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (Geoff Booth @ 14 Feb 2008, 20:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any statements about it being the new standard or is it just a "concept" livery? And who will be the first to produce one as a model (HO I suppose first...)?
So far I haven't read anything confirming the status of the livery - but if the SBB are putting a toe in the water then it is likely to be bitten off by the pirahnas! (Well at least if they ask some Swiss modellers at sNs it will...) I suppose it depends what ordinary Swiss commuters think, if they care that much, and they must think more about how the train is on time and the seats clean and comfortable than what colour the locomotive! (Or perhaps they are so used to these things that they have thinking capacity left over to contemplate colour schemes?)

That it doesn't match the other liveries of the SBB such as ICN etc. is curious I find though. Perhaps the curves and squiggles will be spreading?

As far as models of it go - I suspect the weary technicians at Trix, Minitrix, Hag, Roco and Kato etc. etc. are dusting off the well worn castings of their Re 460 moulds for yet another livery production run! (That is if they are were ever taken out of the machines!!) Clearly SBB don't want to be "outliveried" by the Taurus!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I think the bolder logo is an improvement, but overall I'm not really that impressed.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts