Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
QUOTE (stirling @ 11 Feb 2009, 11:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am disappointed with my scale change from 00. By forum recommendation I adopted Kato(Japanese ) Track for my station area and Peco 80 for my Fiddle Yard.

I'm sorry to hear that. Personally I wouldn't have recommended Kato (Unitrack, I presume) - the plastic ballast is rather unrealistic and sets the rail top too high, the rail section is heavy with a wide square head, and the range limited to set geometries. I would have recommended Peco code 55 streamline (flexitrack) and electrofrog points on the scenic side and code 80 in the fiddleyard.

QUOTE (stirling @ 11 Feb 2009, 11:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It seems I am doomed to Diesel traction on my BR. Western Region Layout! I am forced to the conclusion that Kato track is ideal for modern imsge modelling only. Any Forum comments or advice?

I wouldn't be that negative about modern traction for the WR. Some of the latest diesels and electrics being made are extremely high quality, well detailed and very accurate. You've a large choice for your WR layout. For example the Dapol Hymek class 35s, Farish Western class 42s and 52s, the Railcar DMU plus the new class 37s, 47s and class 108 DMUs. All are great performers and excellant value.

G.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.