Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
yup, scale time is a problem- scale speed is fairly easy to work out & I guess from your post that you've seen a site where this is presented for OO scale. So trains take the right time to get from A to B, although compression of track layouts is then a problem. However, marshalling takes up most of our time, and usually there's one of us doing it rather than shunters all over the layout! I think John Allison has written about the need to leave pauses during shunting etc for the locomen to change to reverse gear/ shunters to couple etc... I'm sure there are those who can do this, but a sequence timetable offers a more leisurely relaxation imho!
I do have a marker length of track for visitors to drive to speed limits (way above what the real railway would have on the curves!) but, watching trains pass, think that it appears that they all are travelling too slowly. Like scale colour, all in the eye of the beholder.. perhaps more important to be able to tell apart the various classes of train?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts