Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Jim, BRITHO
many thanks. I wonder, though, how much allowance is made for this by RTR manudfacturers such as Bachman and Hornby. I am contemplating starting this 'hobby' many years after my 2nd hand Tri-ang Princess Elizabeth (long since departed, heaven alone knows where it went), and would hate to order, if the economic situation ever improves, loads of toy-like stuff. Living here, in France, it would all need to be mail-order and I'm not keen to buy a 'pig in a poke'.

Regards
Peter(Pug)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Many thanks, 34C
I have to admit I 've been looking at Hattons and a number of other sites, and it's the photographs that have whetted my appetite. The tests on Model Rail Forum are what brought me to the site in the first place, as there was a link to one of them from a French site - and having got here I decided to stay - there is so much good information. Just a question of what era - probably early 50's so that I can have things like Riley Pathfinders and Morris Commercials to go with blood and custard coaches. The comments here on scale colour got me thinking......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts